THE HOGEYE MARATHON –
APRIL 24 & 25, 2021
TO REGISTER FOR THE 45TH ANNUAL HOGEYE, HALF MARATHON OR RELAY PLEASE CLICK HERE:
GUIDELINES & PROTOCOLS
- Participant limits will be reduced for social distancing
- There will be No race day registration
- There will be No race day packet pick up.
- All participants and spectators may be screened and have their temperatures checked before entering the starting corrals, finish line area or other public areas, depending on CDC guidance at the time
- All individuals are required to wear a mask or face covering at the starting line corrals until they pass the downtown area/railroad tracks
- Fewer volunteers and staff may be utilized to lessen the potential spread of the virus.
- Please plan to carry a water bottle if running the marathon/half marathon & you may fill up at water stops. Limited cups available at each station with water & an electrolyte product.
- Do not engage in traditional forms of physical contact (handshakes, high-fives, hugs, partner stretching) or close group pictures/selfies, unless from the same household.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after using a portable toilets
- Do not share personal items, such as towels, food, hydration, energy gels, etc.
- Do not spit. If you must, please do so away from people and areas that will have foot traffic
- Participants will start according to their HONESTLY reported expected finish time. This will be indicated on the race bib. Please abide by assigned start times.
- The marathon & relay will start earlier than usual, with the first group starting at 6:30 am, groups will begin 30 seconds after the previous group.
- The half marathon will start from the same location at 7:00 am with each group starting 30 seconds after the previous group.
- Runners are REQUIRED (NO EXCEPTIONS!) to wear a mask at the starting line and until they pass the first few blocks through the downtown where the finish line is traditionally set up. After through this area, runners should plan to keep their mask on them for use on the course when stopping at portable toilets or where water stops are more congested. Runners should be prepared to reapply their mask at the finish area also.
- Volunteers will be REQUIRED TO WEAR MASKS at all areas where runners will be, and social distancing of 6 ft. should be maintained unless working with members of your immediate family.
The 2021 Hogeye Marathon Expo will NOT HAPPEN. Sorry, we will return next year on April 8, 2022!
PIG TROUGH AFTER-PARTY CANCELLED FOR 2021
Click here to view recent results, as well as records set on both the new (2003) course, as well as the old course.
We couldn’t do this without the generous support of our sponsors. Click here to view our sponsors, and find a sponsorship form.
The Hogeye Marathon & Relays is a Non-Profit organization with a 501 (C) 3 group certification. Read more here.
Click here to view information about the beautiful Northwest Arkansas area, and access deals on lodging while you are here.
Get In Touch
Don't be shy, we'd love to hear from you!
The Hogeye Marathon, Arkansas' oldest marathon, was founded in 1977. Northwest Arkansas charities benefit from the proceeds of the event, which brings runners from every state to the most beautiful part of Arkansas.
Get your company involved and ready to get or stay fit in 2021 with the Hogeye Team Challenge! Click HERE for more information.
The Hogeye will now have a Sunday FUN DAY! Runners will have the opportunity to run a double on April 24-25 in Springdale, Arkansas. There will be a 10K added to the event, as well as spacing the 5K out to Sunday. Sign up early to get your lowest rate and order your...
The Hogeye will be changing dates in 2021 to April 24. Save the Date now and tell your friends. Registration will open soon. Be one of the first 100 to register early and have option to purchase a custom training hoody, and receive other goodies.