The Hogeye Marathon will join numerous other events in an attempt to protect runners, volunteers and emergency medical personnel by putting your health and safety first. At the recommendation of the CDC, State & Local officials, our sponsors, and our sanctioning organization the RRCA,
The 2020 Hogeye will offer a virtual race instead of the official race on March 28, 2020:
Virtual Race Option-
- Runners may submit their virtual route which should consist of a planned route equal to or greater than the race distance they registered to run. This may be accomplished using a fitness tracker or app, and should be submitted to this link: CLICK HERE
- Runners/Walkers will have between March 28-May 16 to submit
- Relay teams must submit proof of completion only once but each member should run the minimum of 6.5 miles, and team members may run together if desired. (all run same 6.5)
- Possible routes in Springdale will be posted at a later date, however you may run anywhere.
As a charitable event, refunds for 2020 registration will not be offered.
- The Runners’ Expo and packet pick-up scheduled for The Jones Center on March 27 is Cancelled!
- The Hogeye Kid’s Run is Cancelled for now, but we will look at a future date if possible. We already have all of the cute little shirts & medals so we want to hold an event for them later if possible. See our mission statement below.
Upon verification of the submitted virtual runs, shirts and finisher medals will be mailed to runners or distributed locally, which will help us save on postage. Pick-up locations shown in form link above.
Please understand this decision has been difficult. The Hogeye Marathon & Relays is a charitable event, supporting many causes throughout the region. These causes depend on the efforts of all of us in funding their missions. The Hogeye Marathon’s original mission is still in effect today- “To promote health & fitness through running and give back to the local community.”
We appreciate your support, patience and understanding during these challenging times.
We look forward to seeing your virtual race pictures this year, and seeing you in person at The Hogeye on March 27, 2021.
Stay healthy! Run Happy!