The Marathon Relay is perfect for runners who may not be ready for a full marathon, but want to be part of the action!
Round up your friends, family, coworkers, and running buddies — and pull together a 4-person relay team for the Hogeye Marathon! This is the perfect way to be part of the event and see what it’s all about. Longest leg is under 8 miles, and running the event as part of a team is a fantastic experience. Check out the details below, and let us know if you have questions.
Here’s some info on the relay!
- All Relay finishers receive a medal
- The event is designed for 4-person teams, and will begin at the same time as the marathon. 7:30 am. March 29.
- Registration fee: $180/team ($45/runner)
- Relay legs of the marathon course are:
- 5.5 miles (exchange point at mile 5.5 – Sam’s Club)
- 6 miles (exchange point at mile 11.5 – Lake Road, just past Lake Fayetteville Softball Complex and Lewis & Clark)
- 7.8 miles (exchange point at mile 19.3 – Butterfield Trail Elementary School)
- 7 miles (FINISH LINE!)
- Relay categories:
- All male
- All female
- Mixed male/female (2 men and 2 women, OR 3 women and 1 man, OR 3 men and 1 woman)
- Each relay team member must fill out an entry form listing the name of each person running a leg of the relay.
- A relay runner may run in the marathon or half marathon course also — for an additional fee, and should be the first relay runner.
- A shuttle service is provided for Relay Exchange Points by Lewis Auto.